Sears, an American retailer of merchandise, tools, home appliances, and clothing is a subsidiary company of Sears Holding corporation and was acquired by Hedge Fund ESL investments in 2019.
Among the various areas of investment, Sears has been in partnership with Citibank and offer a wide range of multifunctional credit cards
Types of sear credit cards
- Sears Mastercard– This card can be used at all merchants who accept Mastercard, and by using this card, one can get shop your way-points. For the first year, you can earn 5% points on gas station purchases and 3% points by spending in applicable restaurants and grocery stores. 2% of unlimited points are earned back by spending at Sears Kmart during the first year. On the completion of the first year, all the departments earn you 1% points on all spending.
- Sears card– This card can be accessed only at Sears stores and Kmart. With this card, customers get a lot of monthly deals and offers. The various discount coupons also benefit the customers, and they can also avail the unique financing feature on special purchases at Sears and Sears.com.
What are the benefits of Sears credit cards?
- Exclusive financing offers– Sears cards give funding on certain individual products. These offers are valid for both online as well as in-store, and there is a choice between 5% or 0% APR period. The following are the examples: –
- 5% off on selected home appliances or floor care items or no interest if wholly paid within 12 months.
- 5% off on electronic items above $599, or no interest if entirely paid within 12 months.
- 5% off on accessories for men, women and kids
- 5% off on selected furniture items over $or no interest paid if entirely paid in the specified period. 
- Significant savings- Opting for Sears credit cards brings a lot of rewards and exclusive offers to the customers on their every purchase. There are reward points, discount coupons, invitations to cardholder events, shop your way program to give that ultimate satisfaction of shopping and earning in return.
- Privacy protection- The users are provided with full privacy protection along with an extensive network of the customer support team to help in times of need.
- Annual fee-There is no annual fee on any Sears cards. This makes them very easy to opt-out of
- Other charges– Apart from all these features, Sears credit cards come with a zero balance transfer fee and foreign transaction charges.
How to apply for Sears credit cards?
Applying for a Sears credit cards can be done either online or at any of the Sear stores. Neither Sears nor Citi has fixed any requirement of credit score, and it appears that a fair credit score of 650 or above will make anyone eligible for these cards.
How to manage my sears credit card?
With all Sears cards you can log in to the co-branded Sears-Citibank online platform to manage your account. After you receive your card, you need to register online and to use the login ID and password then you can easily track your account status. view account statements, make payments, view paid and unpaid bills, receive and manage offers.How to use the reward points?
The reward points earned can be availed either online or at any of the stores. The stores at which these cards can be redeemed include- Sears, Sears brands, Sears Essentials, Sears Hometown Stores, Sears Home Appliance Showroom, Sears Hardware, Sears Outlet, Sears Auto Centres, Kmart, Lands’ End, and my gofer.
When redeeming rewards points online, customers need to access their account online using their account ID and password to manage their rewards.
The bottom line
The Sears credit cards are of great use if you are a frequent buyer at the Sear stores and Kmart stores. Also, it depends a lot on the amount of money spent on the various items purchased at these stores. If you like to spend more, you will receive a decent number of discounts and offers, but if you are more of a window-shopping person, and think a lot before buying, then you can opt for other cards. Also, the reward program could be considered complicated with various reward schemes, but the means of redemption relatively easy. The only thing to remember with this card is the more you buy, the more you benefit.
Some frequently asked questions
What stores accept Sears credit cards?
The Sears cards can be utilized at all the Sear locations such as Sear stores, Sear dental, Sear optical, auto centres and all the Kmart stores.
What credit score Required for Sears credit cards?
As Citibank issues the Sears credit cards, they have quite a restrictive set of guidelines for issuing the cards. A fair credit score of 650 or more makes you eligible for getting a Sear card.
How much are 1000 points worth at Sears?
Sears shop your way reward program offers 10 points for every $1 spent. Although, within the application, 1000 points are worth the value of $1 as well.
How to redeem free cash with Sears cards?
To redeem free cash online, log in to your account and add the qualifying items in the cart and click on redeem my reward points. To redeem at the store, provide the member number, phone number or email at the store, disclose the shopkeeper how many points would you like to redeem and enter your pin. Thus the redemption amount will be deducted from your total.